September 26, 2019
- Are you interested in learning how to navigate some of the obstacles that the Black community faces? Do you want to gain leadership skills, be part of a group of like-minded people, and get credits? Join BMAD: Blacks Making a Difference! They meet Monday-Thursday afterschool in C-310. Stop by or go to B-8 for more information.
- JFK will be hosting the Special Olympics Soccer Tournament Friday October 25 in the morning. Student volunteers are needed to play soccer, help organize the event, and be announcers for the games. If you would like to volunteer please stop by D1 or D3 to sign up.
- MATHLETES! Our very first meeting is next Tuesday October 1st at lunch in room B-15. Come by and check it out!
- Attention Cougars! Homecoming dance tickets are on sale through October 16th after school! Come get your tickets today and avoid lines! Check flyers around campus for pricing! Guest passes are available in Casey’s Corner or the counseling office!
- Attention Cougars! Homecoming rally auditions are this week! Come to Casey’s Corner Tuesday and Thursday at lunch! We need MCs, national anthem singer, and all performances are welcome to try out!
- Next week will be Homecoming royalty nominations! Come out to the stage on Monday through Wednesday to nominate yourself or a friend!
- Cougar Community Yoga Class is starting Wednesday October 2nd! Join us every Wednesday for yoga in the dance room from 3:45-4:45. Yoga is a challenging workout, helps relieve stress, and is also great conditioning for athletes! Wear exercise clothes and bring a yoga mat or there will be mats available to borrow. You must also bring a signed waiver. For any questions and to pick up a waiver, see Ms. Louvet in B-27.
- Have you reserved your copy of the yearbook yet? Do it now and get the lowest price of the year. The price is $70 through the end of September. See the JFK website to purchase yearbooks online, or talk to Mr. Campos in the library to pay with cash. See you in the book!
- Join the Rainbow Coalition Wednesday at Lunch in room D4 to discuss LGBTQ activities and hang out with a good group of students.
- Don’t forget, NHS applications are due Friday, Sept. 27.
- Need help with learning grammar? reading? writing? college or scholarship essays? reading and writing assignments for history and science? Come to Literacy Lab 7th period! We will help! The lab is open Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 3:20-4:30 in Room 302. Se Habla Espanol!
- Congrats to all the women’s volleyball teams for beating Burbank last night.
- The football teams have away games @ Florin tomorrow night. JV @ 5:15 Varsity @ 7:15
- The water polo’s teams have a home game against Franklin on Monday Women @3 Men @4
- The women’s tennis team have an away game at River City today @3:30
- There is a women’s soccer meeting on Wednesday 10/2 @ 3:30pm @ the stadium
- Powder puff cheerleader practice begins today from 2:30-4:00 TODAY! Come ready to learn your performance.