September 17, 2019
- The Spanish comprehension exam will be next Monday and Tuesday after school in Mr. Bryant’s room C311. Stop by or email Mr Bryant this week to sign up for the Spanish comprehension exam.
- Great job by our MCJROTC cadets this weekend! Led by sophomores Cadet Lance Corporal Meleina Leal and Private First Class Celia Flores, our Cougars competed fiercely at the JROTC Indoor Soccer Tournament, hosted by Del Campo High School
- Sacramento is one of the largest sex trafficking hot spots in the United States. Join We for (S)he as we work together in breaking the silence on human trafficking, abusive relationships, and domestic violence. We ll be at Club Rush this Friday! Follow our Instagram @jfkweforshe for more updates on the club.
- Seniors interested in senior trip this year! We will have an informational meeting on Monday at lunch in the Little Theater! See you there!
- Are you interested in participating in the homecoming rally this year? We will have auditions next Tuesday and Thursday at lunch in Casey’s Corner! We need MCs, a national anthem singer, and all performances are welcome!
- Powder Puff Players! There will be a mandatory meeting tomorrow in the Little Theater at lunch! Practice starts next week! Only payers with physicals complete and all paperwork turned in can participate!
- Attention all Cougars! Homecoming dance tickets go on sale next week and will be available in Casey’s Corner. Check flyers around campus for pricing!
- All clubs! Your completed application is due TODAY by 3:30 in Mr. O’Flaherty’s box is you want to participate in Club Rush on Friday! Applications are available in the counseling office and Casey’s Corner!
- The ASSETs After School Program is in full swing but it’s not too late to join a 7th period or club! They have classes for leadership and community service, drama, Blacks Making a Difference, movies, and more! If you need elective credits stop by B-8 for more information on how to sign-up.
- Have a passion for math? Come join the JFK Mathletes Club at Club Rush! Meetings are Tuesdays at lunch in room B-15 starting after Club Rush.
- Need help with leaning grammar? reading? writing? college or scholarship essays? reading and writing assignments for history and science? Come to Literacy Lab 7th period! We will help! The lab is open Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 3:20-4:30 in Room 302. Se Habla Espanol!
- Attention all juniors and seniors who wish to apply to National Honor Society. The application process is now open. Any junior or senior who has a 3.5 weighted GPA or above is eligible to apply to NHS. Juniors who were in NHS last year need to re-apply. NHS applications are available in room C301 until Tuesday, Sept. 17th.
- Attention Wrestlers! There will be a boys team…AND… girls team sign-ups everyday at lunch in room T-2. Please see Mr. Ewing to sign up and get your paperwork.