September 12, 2019
- Have a passion for math? Come join the JFK Mathletes Club at Club Rush! Meetings are Tuesdays at lunch in room B-15 starting after Club Rush.
- Need help with leaning grammar? reading? writing? college or scholarship essays? reading and writing assignments for history and science? Come to Literacy Lab 7th period! We will help! The lab is open Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 3:20-4:30 in Room 302. Se Habla Espanol!
- Cougars! Are you interested in starting a club at JFK this year? Please pick up an application in the counseling office or in Casey’s Corner! Club Rush will be on Friday September 20th, so get your applications in by next Tuesday if you want to participate!
- Attention all Cougars! Our student store, Casey’s Corner, will be open every Tuesday and Thursday at lunch. It is located in the C-building next to the library. Come check it out!
- All girls and guys interested in playing or cheering at the Powder Puff game this year! Please get your sports physical done soon! Practice starts on the 24th and you cannot practice or play with your physical! There will be a meeting next week for more information!
- Attention all juniors and seniors who wish to apply to National Honor Society. The application process is now open. Any junior or senior who has a 3.5 weighted GPA or above is eligible to apply to NHS. Juniors who were in NHS last year need to re-apply. NHS applications are available in room C301 until Tuesday, Sept. 17th.
- Attention Wrestlers! There will be a boys team…AND… girls team sign-ups everyday at lunch in room T-2. Please see Mr. Ewing to sign up and get your paperwork.
- Attention all Kennedy students! This Sunday, come out to the Riverside Sports Bar between 1-4 to support JFK! 50% of all food sales will go to school events! See you there.
- Women’s volleyball has a home game against our rivals, McClatchy this Monday.
- Freshmen @ 4 JV @ 5 Varsity @ 6 It is GSM game, so come out spirited and be ready to cheer !!!
- Basketball workouts are in session now . Men’s workouts are on Mondays and Wednesday’s 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Women’s workouts are on Wednesday’s and Thursday’s 7:30-9:00pm But tonight’s will be cancelled due to back to school night All grade levels are welcome to come !!