February 25, 2020
- Juniors and Seniors, wondering what to do with your life after high school? Interested enough to take one of the most popular aptitude and interest assessments in the world? If so register for the ASVAB!!!! Last year over 80 JFK students did. See Mr. Drotts in the counseling office to register before March 6.
- Are you interested in playing basketball casually after school? ASSETs is starting an after school basketball league open to ALL students! Come to B-21 after school on Thursday for an informational meeting.
- The Blacks Making a Difference 7th period will be going on a college tour to UC Davis to meet with the Black Students of Engineering this Thursday. If you are interested or need more information, please come talk to Miss Erin in B-8!
- Do you love to play games, want to learn gaming skills, or have a chance to compete in a league? Come out to Gaming Club after school on Wednesdays in C317. We will play both online and tabletop games, all are welcome!
- Club Picture takes place on Tuesday March 3 and Thursday March 5. If you belong to a club, please see your Club adviser for the pass and time of your club’s Photo-Shoot. On the date of the photo shoot, please report to the quad area to check-in and a yearbook student will direct you to the photo shoot.
- Are you looking for creative ways to express yourself through arts and crafts? Come check out the DIY club after school on Mondays in the library, everyone is welcome!
- Attention all seniors! Need money for college? Completing FAFSA is the key to getting free money for your education beyond high school. The deadline is coming up next week on March 2nd, and the sooner you apply the more you will be eligible for. A college mentor will be in the library today right after school to help you with the application or any questions you may have. Flyers are posted around campus with more information.
- Seniors only – submit your design vision for the sober grad night t-shirt! Simple one or two color design for a black t-shirt. Designs due March 6th. Email designs to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clubs and teams! Are you interested in raising money? Buy or sell tickets to club cookout #4! See Mr. O’Flaherty in C207 or Casey’s Corner for more information! Final order are due March 16!
- Seniors going on Senior Trip! FINAL payment is due this Monday, March 2! See Mr. O’Flaherty in C207 or Casey’s Corner for more information!
- Juniors! Junior Prom is coming soon on March 21st! Buy your tickets in Casey’s Corner Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch! Check flyers around campus for pricing! Royalty nominations will take place Tuesday through Thursday next week!
- Don’t be left hanging. Purchase your yearbooks now. You can buy it online or with cash. See Mr. Campos in the library for details. the Yearbook has to be pre-ordered, as only a limited amount is sold when it arrives. So purchase your yearbook now, or you’ll be left hanging.
- JFK Track and Field Team Season Practice: Official JFK Track and Field Team will begin Tuesday February 11th @ 3:45 pm on the track. In case of heavy rain meet in front of the cafeteria. Practice will continue each afternoon that school is in session . Winter sport athletes may join us after their winter sport commitment ends in February. All students interested in joining to the track and field team or needing more information are welcome to attend practice.
- Track and field are having a meet on Saturday @ Cordova high school @8:45
- The baseball team has a home game against Alpha Charter on Friday Jv@ 3:30p Var:@5
- The swim teams has the Grizzly invite at granite bay high school @1 on Friday & @ 9 on Saturday