February 11, 2020
- John F Kennedy is hosting a student forum after school this Thursday in the library. This is an opportunity for all students to voice their opinions, engage in discussion, and collaborate with others to find solutions. Topics discussed will include student rights, curriculum quality, and student resources. Representatives from the Student Advisory Council as well as Boardmember Darrel Woo will be present. See you there cougars!
- All Cougars 16 and up, it’s not too late to sign up for the blood drive! Get your forms in the counseling office or Casey’s Corner! Turn them into the counseling office! The blood drive is tomorrow, Wednesday! Save some lives!
- Juniors! Junior Prom is right around the corner on March 21st! This week ONLY is early bird pricing for Junior Prom. We will be open everyday at Casey’s Corner! Check flyers around campus for pricing!
- Seniors, if you have not check out what’s new in scholarship lately, come by the counseling office. There are several new scholarships that are due in March. Please take advantage of this opportunity for a chance to win free money for college.
- Want to get that special someone something for Valentines Day? Then look no further. Kennedys Criminal Justice Program is selling Valentines Grams during both A and B lunch. Please make sure you have the person your sending it to second period classroom. Sales end on February 11th. Price varies.
- Official JFK Track and Field Team will begin Tuesday February 11th @ 3:45 pm on the track. In case of heavy rain meet in front of the cafeteria. Practice will continue each afternoon that school is in session . Winter sport athletes may join us after their winter sport commitment ends in February. All students interested in joining to the track and field team or needing more information are welcome to attend practice.
- Attention all seniors! Need money for college? Completing FAFSA is the key to getting free money for your education beyond high school. The deadline is coming up on March 2nd and the sooner you apply the more money you are eligible for. The time is now! If you need help completing your FAFSA, or have any questions regarding college, a college mentor will be in the library after school every Wednesday to help you. Flyers are posted around campus with more information.
- Attention Seniors: Sober Grad Night 2020 tickets will be on sale during lunch TOMORROW. Look for the Sober Grad Night 2020 table by the stage to purchase your ticket or if you have questions. The cost is $60 in cash or Venmo.
- Don’t be left hanging. Purchase your yearbooks now. You can buy it online or with cash. See Mr. Campos in the library for details. the Yearbook has to be pre-ordered, as only a limited amount is sold when it arrives. So purchase your yearbook now, or you’ll be left hanging.
- All students interested in playing spring sports! Be sure to get your athletic clearance updated online. It must be done every school year. Be sure to upload your signed and stamped physical exam form as well. If you have any questions, contact Coach Parsh.
- Men’s Volleyball tryout will be Thursday February 13th and Friday February 14th from 4pm-6pm. Tryouts will be held inside the main and aux gym for both JV and Varsity levels.
- The men’s soccer teams will have an away game at Burbank today. Var@6:15
- The womens soccer teams will have their senior nights game against Burbank today…come out and support! Var @ 4:30 Jv @ 6
- The women’s basketball teams have their senior night game against Burbank today in the gym. Come support! Jv @ 5:30 Var @ 7
- The men’s Basketball teams will have a home games against Burbank tomorrow.
- Fresh @4 Jv @ 5:30 Var @7