October 22, 2019
- Want to give a spooky treat to someone this Halloween? Interact Club will be selling candy grams every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after school for three dollars in front of the office. Make sure you know the first period of the person you will be sending the gram to. See you there!
- Attention all students who have volunteered for Friday’s Special Olympics Soccer Tournament. If you missed Monday’s meeting, please come by Room D1 or D3 during your lunch today to make sure you are on the volunteer list and to go over the schedule
- Our Marine Corps Junior ROTC program had a busy weekend. In addition to the Color Guard’s performance in support of Homecoming festivities, cadets were engaged in the community, assisting the Elk’s Lodge with their BBQ Celebration on Friday night, and spent Saturday morning helping at Didion, setting up their Annual Fall Festival.
- On Saturday morning, our cadets competed at Valley High School’s JROTC Softball tournament, finishing 2-2, and scoring over 40 points on the day!
- Do you like to make arts and crafts? Are you interested in learning about a special cultural celebration? ASSETs After School program is hosting a Day of the Dead arts and crafts day on Thursday October 24th. Come to the library after-school to make shoe-box altars, sugar skull pumpkins, tissue paper flowers, and more! Everyone is welcome!
- Attention Hip-Hop lovers! Are you interested in learning how to build leadership skills, personal development, and social change through hip-hop? Come to Rock the School Bells on Saturday Oct. 26th at Sac City College to talk and learn from DJs, musicians, dancers, and more! Come to B-8 to get more info or sign up.
- SENIORS, Class of 2020. Time is Running Out if you still have not taken your senior picture, Schedule a session NOW with Prestige Portraits in Elk Grove. Deadline is Saturday, November 2. There is a $20 sitting fee. No pictures, no memories, no portrait in the yearbook. If you have questions see Mr. Campos in the library
- JFK will be hosting the Special Olympics Soccer Tournament Friday October 25 in the morning. Student volunteers are needed to play soccer, help organize the event, and be announcers for the games. If you would like to volunteer please stop by D1 or D3 to sign up.
- Wrestling wrestling wrestling wrestling. To anyone interested in wrestling this year, there will be a meeting tomorrow at 3:30 in room T-13. That’s Wednesday, October 23rd at 3:30 in room T-13.
- Congrats to the women’s volleyball team for beating Burbank last night 3-0 And congrats to them for wining 1st in metro league for the 5th time.
- The football teams have a game against River City this Friday Jv @ 5 Varsity @7:15
- The water polo’s teams have a tournament tomorrow at MCal Conference
- The women’s soccer team will start conditioning this week on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday from 4:30-5:30