February 5, 2019
Join GOALS, Girls’ Outdoor Adventure in Leadership and Science, for a FREE summer science program to learn science hands-on while backpacking through Sequoia National Park. GOALS is an opportunity for people who have felt underrepresented in science or the outdoors and is open to current sophomores. Applications are due March 29th. Come learn more during a lunchtime information session on Tuesday, February 19th at lunch in room B29!
I was and am still extremely important to sooo many people throughout the world. I am an ancestor that visited John Hopkins Hospital in 1951 and was diagnosed with a type of cancer specific to my gender and died 1 year later at the age of 31. You could say Im kinda invincible, yes… I said INVINCIBLE. But don’t tell nobody. I was also extremely crucial to the creation of the Polio vaccine, understanding the human genome, and our body’s reaction to radiation. HeLa…. Who am I? Come see Mr. Palmer if you need to re-hear this trivia or if you think you have an answer. Good Luck! 1st come 1st winner! Answer will be given Thursday.
- Auditions for the spring rally will take place this Tuesday and Thursday in Casey’s Corner! Come audition for performances, MCs, and national anthem. Even if you don’t have your performance ready, come sign up to show your interest!
- Cougars! The Winter Vibes Dance in right coming up quickly on February 23rd at the beautiful Library Galleria on I Street downtown! Tickets are on sale now! Guest passes are available now in the counseling office and Casey’s Corner! Check the flyers and posters around campus for pricing!
- Attention Cougars: Keep your eyes and ears open for the new print issue of the Kennedy Clarion newspaper, arriving this Friday! And you can always read the latest online at jfkclarion.com! Stay newsworthy, Cougars!
- Seniors-Do you still need to complete the FAFSA for financial Aid? Come to room B17 at lunch today, Thursday and Friday for help.
- Interested in a SUMMER JOB as a LIFE GUARD earning 13+ dollars per hour? At lunch in the quad today, look for a table representing Sacramento City Pools and learn more.
- The Rainbow Coalition is having it’s picture day for the yearbook this Wednesday, February 6th at 11:40am. If you have been attending the club meetings this year, please come to room D4 to pick up your picture pass.
- There will be a Filipino Club meeting next week at Tuesday (February 12) at B21. Those interested in learning the Filipino culture or interacting with Filipinos are invited to join the club and attend the meeting. Mabuhay!
- Greetings from Chinese Culture Club and Chinese NHS, Happy Chinese New Year. Xin Nian Kuai Lei! Come and join us for Chinese New Year Celebration after school this Friday February 8th. See you there!
- CSF applications are live! It’s the biggest club on campus and looks great on college applications! Freshmen can now apply. Stop by Mr. Lam’s room to get one.
- On Saturday, February 2d, Kennedy’s JROTC competed in the Travis AFB Junior ROTC Dodgeball tournament. Kennedy did not win, but fought like Cougars and represented Kennedy High with class & sportsmanship
- What are you doing after school today? If you are interested in joining a 7th period ASSETs class for credit toward graduation, time is running out! Come see Ms. Chandler in B8 during lunch or after school to register. Classes are open, they’re free, and they’re waiting for you!
- U.S. Army Recruiting will have one of their Army National Assets at the School on Tuesday February 5th all Day in the back of the school on the black top. It is the Army STEM Semi Truck and will focus on new Army Technologies. Please stop by and enjoy.
- Calling all runners, Link Crew, Student Government, and student volunteers. The JFK Unified Track and Field team for Special Olympics needs athletes that want to join us in a mile run, help set up, break down, and run skills. Event is May 3rd, JFK is hosting 4 schools for this event. Swing by D1 or D3 for more information.
- Men’s Volleyball Tryouts
Tuesday 2/5, Wednesday 2/6, and Thursday 2/7
Location: Aux gym
Physicals required to participate in tryouts!
- Kennedy Men’s Volleyball will kick off their tryouts with a Fundraiser. Please join the program has we host a Fundraiser at Chipotle, near Sac City. Please stop by eat and mention you are with Kennedy High School Time: 4pm-8pm Go Cougars!
- JFK Track and Field Team practice begins Monday February 4th @ 3:45 PM in the stadium. We will practice every school day. If you wish to join or need more information about our Metro League Champion track team please come out to any practice. Winter sports athletes are welcome to join after their seasons end.
- Girls Varsity Basketball: has an away game today at Burbank
- Boys Varsity Basketball:(w) 51-49 > Laguna Creek and their senior night is tomorrow at home against Burbank
- Girls Varsity Soccer: there is an away game at Burbank today
- Boys Varsity Soccer: There is a home game today against Burbank