2018 Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Information
Important Information for AP Test Takers
What to Bring
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for all multiple-choice answer sheets
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing free-response questions.
- A watch (phones are not allowed)
- Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities (only for AP Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Statistics Exam). Visit the College Board website to learn more about the calculator policy and for a list of authorized calculators. A ruler or straightedge if you are taking an AP Physics Exam.
- Photo ID (if you do not have one, get one before the exam.)
What Not to Bring
- Electronic equipment/devices (cell/smart phones, tablet computers, MP3 players, IPods, etc.)
- Books, compasses, colored pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, or notes.
- Scratch paper (notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets).
- Watches that beep or have an alarm.
- Food or drink(s), except water during the exam.
Please arrive at the test location at least 10 minutes early. Students may not be dismissed until the exam has officially ended. Wear layered clothing in case weather conditions change during the day.
MANDATORY AP Pre-Administration Sessions
Attention: Students who are taking AP Exams.You must attend a MANDATORY AP Pre-Administration Session.
For students whose last name begins with the letters:
A - M – Monday, April 16, 2018 at 3:20 – 4:15 PM
For students whose last name begins with the letters
N - Z –Wednesday April 18, 2018 at 3:20 – 4:15 PM
Where: John F. Kennedy Cafeteria
Questions: Please contact Ms. Brown in Ext. 506025 or Ms.Buitrago in Ext. 506021
FINAL AP 2018 Testing Calendar
Note: English Lang (11th) has 2 testing locations (location determined by last name)
- Students with consecutive tests on the same day may leave early from their first exam to eat lunch and attend the second exam on time. Please notify your first exam proctor.
- Students with afternoon exams beginning at 12:00pm must check in to their 4th period class and then go directly to the quad and eat their bag lunch before reporting to the test room at noon. Students with exams starting at 12:30 (Chinese, French and Physics) will stay in their 4th period class until 11:50. They will then report to the quad for lunch.