May 15, 2017
- Are you interested in a career in Automotive, Construction, Welding or Architecture? A rep from Cosumnes River College will be on campus Thursday May 18 at lunch in the Little Theater. Come by to learn about training for these interesting, well paid careers.
- Cougars! Sadie Hawkins is coming up on Friday June 2nd from 7-11 at the Elk’s Lodge! Tickets are on sale Tuesdays and Thursdays in Casey’s Corner! $1 for seniors, $5 with ASB, $10 without ASB. It’ll be $20 at the door for everyone! Even seniors! So get your tickets now!
- Cougars, do you like photography, writing and design? Then the yearbook or newspaper class might be a great opportunity for you. There is still to apply and enroll in these elective classed for the 2018 school year. See Mrs. Hanzlik in F2 for more information.
- It is Senior Wills time! The Clarion will be publishing Senior Wills in the June 2 edition. Pick up information form from your English teacher or in room B12 and take part in this fun Kennedy tradition! Hurry the deadline is drawing near.
- The truck has left the plant and the yearbooks are on their way. Now is the time to buy your yearbook. Students that pre-ordered will receive their books first. Senior yearbook distribution starts May 25th. So buy your books now for $80 during lunch in room F2. See Mrs. Hanzlik for details.
- Hey cougars! On Wednesday, May 24 the speech and debate team will be hosting a showcase where all types of speech categories and debate topics will be performed! Please come out and support by donating the suggested amount: $3 per person and $5 per pair. If you are interested in joining the team or just want to support a JFK establishment then come see us on the 24th!
- Anyone who is interested in playing Water polo next year, please come to a informational meeting on Tuesday May 23rd in V-5 at 3:25. We will be discussing summer practices, the fall schedule, and answering any questions people might have about the sport.
- Let’s give a huge shout out to the Varsity Boys Baseball and Volleyball team for a great run this season.
- Tomorrow, your Girls Softball has an away playoff game against Pleasant Grove High School starting at 4. Be sure to come out and support your Softball Team.
- Congratulations to our swim team and all of our section qualifiers. A special shout out to our Section Champion boys Frosh/Soph 200 Free Relay Team.
- Please give a round of applause to our boys volleyball team for winning the Metro League with a record of 14-0, and advancing to the second round of the section playoffs.
- Please join me in wishing Matthew Lin good luck in the 3rd round of the section playoffs. Matthew won his first playoff match yesterday 6-0 6-0 and his second match 6-3 6-4. Matthew is undefeated for the last 2 years.
- Congratulations to the boy’s golf team for winning the Metro League and advancing to the divisionals. Johnathan Tanihana moved on to the Masters with a qualifying score of 72.
- Good luck to our track and field team who will be competing in divisionals in the next few days. Our Varsity Boys 4×400 team currently has the 5th fastest time in the state. Good luck Cougars!