January 31, 2017
- It’s that time again-the new issue is of the Clarion, our student newspaper, is on the news stands now! Pick up your copy in the boxes outside the counseling office and the auditorium or in B12, Clarion Headquarters. Get your free copy and read all about it!
- Want to try and win a free trip to Washington, D.C.? Want to learn about the Stock Market?Want to spend $100,000.00 on stock? Mr. Pauly, room C-317, is looking for 30 students to participate in the Capitol Hill Challenge. Contest runs from February 6th to May 12th.
- Attention Interact members. There is an Interact meeting this Thursday at lunch in room C-217. See you all there!
- There’s a Green Catalyst meeting today during lunch at room C-313 in Mr. Andrews’ room. All are welcome. See you all there.
- Hello all Pokémon fans, there is a Pokémon Club meeting THIS Friday, during lunch in Room C-217. Come join us as we begin preparations and discuss rules for our first ever Pokémon Battle Tournament. All are welcome. See you all there, trainers!
- Club picture day for the yearbook is happening Wednesday, Feb. 1 and Wednesday, Feb. 8th during school hours. Club members should see their club advisor for their picture date and passes as soon as possible.
- It’s time to order your yearbook. The discounted price of $75 has been extended to Friday, Feb. 3. See Mrs. Hanzlik in Room F2 to order your book or to start a payment plan. Extra books will not be ordered and you are going to want this special 50th volume. Order today!
- Come to the school Garden after school on Wednesday! Spring is coming up and we gotta get ready. Tear up that nasty, nutrient-less dirt and replace it with our new delicious dirt. Come to the garden in E-6 after school on Wednesday. E-6, after school, Wednesday.
- Come dance with Project Move in D-1! They are recruiting members and will welcome you even if you have no dance experience. Practice days are Tuesdays through Thursdays, every week.
- Second semester ASSETs classes are up and running! If you would like to add a zero or 7th period class to your schedule or withdraw from a former class, come see Ms. Cooper in B8. If you have registered for a class, check out your schedule under the JFK Y-E-S calendar on your Infinite Campus page. Come to B8 with questions!
- Students: Do you want to use your voice? Coco Blossom is returning to Kennedy with SAYS (Sacramento Area Youth Speaks). Come meet her during lunch in the quad on Wednesday and join her club starting Monday in the Little Theater. See Ms. Cooper in B8 for more information!
- MEChA meeting Today,Tuesday during lunch in Senor Bryant’s Room, C311.
- Hey Ladies! Are you interested in playing flag football? Well join Lady’s Territory! We are a club that teaches girls of any grade level how to play flag football and we will be having our first practice this Thursday after school from 2:45-3:45 on the grass field so don’t be shy, come on out!
- Hey Seniors, Senior Auction is right around the corner! The Class of 2017 will be having a meeting this Wednesday in the Little Theater at lunch for seniors who want to sign up for Senior Auction, so come on by!
- Classes of 2018 and 2019, are you interested in learning more information about Advanced Placement Biology? If so, please come to the information sessions in Mrs. Fugina’s classroom in B-28 on February 9 and 16 during lunch to hear about the class. Students who are currently enrolled will be presenting to tell you more about what it is like to be an AP Biology student! Hope to see you there!
- Attention MLA! Starting second semester, Men’s Leadership Academy will meet on MONDAYS and WEDNESDAYS in room F5 after school. Find Mr. DeFroe, Mr. Calloway, or Ms. Cooper for questions.
- Are you interested in earning $200 and learning job skills. Are you between the ages of 13 and 17. If so, stop by the counseling office and get a flyer for Prime Time Teen ASAP. Limited spaces available.
- Hello Juniors, Class of 2018, are you planning to go to a four year college and looking for a scholarship to apply to this year? The Coolidge Scholarship is a full-ride scholarship, all tuition, fees, books, housing and college expenses are covered for four years of undergraduate study. Only high school juniors who plan to attend college in Fall 2018 can apply. Deadline to apply is Feb. 22nd. Visit the Counseling Office for scholarship information and application.
- JFK Students: Kennedy High School values your input. Please provide your feedback by completing the 2016-2017 WASC Accreditation Survey. Please submit your survey by 1/31/2017. Thank you!
- Valentine’s Day grams being sold by SPD Magnet Academy every day during lunch and after school in front of the Auditorium. We will sell after school during finals week. Starting January 19, 2017 until February 9, 2017. The Grams will be delivered on Tuesday Feb 14 during either your 3rd or 4th period. Come by and buy a V-Day gram for your loved one, friend, or yourself.
Item #1 Heart Shaped Box of chocolates-$2.00
Item #2 6 inch Valentine Plush Friends (4 varieties)-$2.00
Item #3 V-Day box w/ Hershey kisses Large $3 Medium $2 Small $1
Item #4 Plush rose (pink or red)-$2.00
Item #5 Glass Rose in gift box $3.00
Item # 6 3-Stem Roses $3.00
- You’ve heard of Flash Mob, Flash Point, Flash Drive. Now there’s Flash Library. Beginning Wednesday of next week Mr. Campos will be carting a “Micro Library” in the hallways and byways of the school to enable students to borrow books between periods–in a flash! Look for it. Locations will vary and it will be available only on Wednesdays.
- Attention students! Winter Ball has changed to Winter Homecoming this year! The game will be the men’s basketball game on February 10th against Florin and the dance will be February 11th at Elks Lodge. Prices are $5 w/ ASB, $10 without, and $15 for a guest pass! Tickets on sale now!
- Are you passionate about issues surrounding women in modern society but have no idea what to do about it? Well join Girls United Club! We meet every Monday during lunch in Mrs. Fugina’s classroom, Room B28. All are welcome so come to our next meeting to learn how you can start helping women now.
- The Rainbow Coalition will be having meetings on Wednesdays. Please come out and get to know each other through games and talking about LGBTQ issues. We will meet on Wednesdays at lunch in room D4
- Attention all students who are interested in joining the Kennedy Swimming team. We will have an informational meeting tomorrow in V-5 after school. we will discuss the schedule, team apparel, fundraising, paperwork and much more. if you want to join the team plan on attending this meeting.
- Men’s Volleyball Tryouts will be February 6th and 8th from 6pm-8pm in the Aux gym.
- Attention All Kennedy basketball fans. There will be limited edition “Kennedy V.S. McClatchy” shirt for only 10 dollars available every day during lunch and after school in the quad. Be sure to pick up a sweet shirt for only 10 dollars before the game this Friday to support your Kennedy Cougars.
- Baseball Season is starting at the end of February. Tryouts are currently being held. Any student interested in joining the Junior Varsity or Varsity Baseball teams, please contact Coach Tim Fitzgerald at the Varsity Baseball Field after school. if you would like more information, please see the front office or the coaches’ office window.
- Yesterday, your Varsity Girls Soccer defeated Laguna Creek 2-0. They will face off against Valley at their home turf on Wednesday. JV starts at 4:30 and Varsity 6.
- Your Boys basketball will have an home game against Valley High School tomorrow. Freshmen starts at 4, JV at 5:30, and Varsity at 7. Your Girls basketball will go against Valley High School home game. Freshmen at 4, JV at 5:30 and, and Varsity at 7. Make sure to come out and support.
- Yesterday, your Girls Varsity Basketball defeated Laguna Creek 57-49.
- Anyone who are planning to play Men’s Volleyball is hosting an informational meeting tomorrow February 1st in room C301 for those interested in trying out.
- This Friday will be our rival games against McClatchy High School. Boys Soccer will be playing away. JV starts at 4:30 and Varsity at 6. The Boys Basketball also have an away game against McClatchy. Freshmen starts at 4, JV at 5:30, and Varsity at 7. The Girls Basketball will be having a home game. JV starts at 5:30 and Varsity at 7. Be sure to come out and support your Kennedy Cougars as we take on McClatchy.