February 9, 2017
- Casey’s Corner will be open today and tomorrow for Snowcoming tickets! $5 with ASB, $10 without, and $15 for a guest pass! Tickets will be $20 at the door for ALL STUDENTS! Please bring your JFK ID!
- ATTN SENIORS. Grad Night tickets will be sold after school in the front office on Wednesday Feb. 15. This is the last day to purchase tickets at the Early Bird price of $35. If you cannot make the Feb. 15 date, you can order and pay for your ticket with the Front Office Student Assistant during lunch from Today through Wednesday and still get the Early Bird Price.
- Good news! Poly Club and Bloom Leadership are back at Kennedy! Meet in C307 tomorrow (Friday) after school to join! See Ms. Cooper in B8 for more information.
- Ladies as Gentlemen, the class of 2017 will be holding Senior Auction TODAY AND TOMORROW. Seniors will be auctioned off at lunch this in the Little Theater, so come on out and buy a senior!
- Cougars Days will be next Tuesday through Thursday! Help us welcome in the class of 2021! There will be food fairs each day, so remember to bring money to support our campus clubs!
- Attention all CSF members, the Spring 2017 Applications are out! Applications are now open to Freshmans as well. Pick one up at Mr. Lam’s room (T5), your teacher’s room, the front office, or the counseling office.
- Attention all CSF members! Math Lab is a new way to earn points for the this semester.If you are interested in helping other students improved their math skills. The first MATH LAB will be held in Mr. Lam’s room, T5, after school on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 for 1 hour.
- Do you want to take AP Physics next year? If you want to learn more about our AP Physics program, come to our Q&A session this Friday or next Friday in room B-24.
- JFK drama club meets Tuesday after school and Thursdays at lunch in v3 . Come and share your talent and opinions with us! Any questions message the jfk drama department on Facebook. Hope to See you soon!
- Want to try and win a free trip to Washington, D.C.? Want to learn about the Stock Market? Want to spend $100,000.00 on stock? Mr. Pauly, room C-317, is looking for 30 students to participate in the Capitol Hill Challenge. Contest runs from February 6th to May 12th.
- Second semester ASSETs classes are up and running! If you would like to add a zero or 7th period class to your schedule or withdraw from a former class, come see Ms. Cooper in B8. If you have registered for a class, check out your schedule under the JFK Y-E-S calendar on your Infinite Campus page. Come to B8 with questions!
- Classes of 2018 and 2019, are you interested in learning more information about Advanced Placement Biology? If so, please come to the information sessions in Mrs. Fugina’s classroom in B-28 on February 9 and 16 during lunch to hear about the class. Students who are currently enrolled will be presenting to tell you more about what it is like to be an AP Biology student! Hope to see you there!
- Attention MLA! Starting second semester, Men’s Leadership Academy will meet on MONDAYS and WEDNESDAYS in room F5 after school. Find Mr. DeFroe, Mr. Calloway, or Ms. Cooper for questions.
- Yesterday, both your women’s Varsity basketball and soccer teams celebrated their senior nights against Hiram Johnson; soccer won 4-0, basketball won 62-15. Tomorrow they both will be playing against Florin; soccer will be playing at Monterey Trail: JV plays at 4:30, Varsity starts at 6; basketball will be playing at Florin: JV plays at 5:30, Varsity starts at 7.
- Yesterday both Varsity men’s soccer and basketball teams also defeated Hiram Johnson; soccer won 4-1, basketball won 58-44. Tomorrow the men’s teams have home games against Florin High School; JV soccer at 4:30, Varsity at 6; freshman basketball play at 4, JV at 5:30, and Varsity starts at 7.
- The 2017 Track and Field Season Is Here! We will practice every day that school is in session rain or shine! In case of heavy rain we will meet in front of the cafeteria. All students are welcome to come out and to help us make 2017 another Great Season! Winter sport athletes are welcome to come out after their season ends.