February 23, 2017
- Black History Month began as “Negro History Week,” which was created in 1926 by Carter G. Woodson, a noted African American historian, scholar, educator, and publisher. It became a month-long celebration in 1976. The month of February was chosen to coincide with the birthdays of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln.
- Junior Prom is coming up March 4th and there are only a few more days to buy tickets. Come to Casey’s Corner Tuesdays or Thursdays at lunch OR Friday March 3rd at lunch. No tickets will be sold at the door!
- Juniors and Seniors! Are you unsure about what you want to do in the future? Could you use further assistance? If so, sign up for the ASVAB Career Exploration Program in the counseling office by March 2nd. The ASVAB is an Assessment Tool designed to connect your abilities with your interests. For more info. see the counselors ASAP!
- Hello all Pokémon fans, there is a Pokémon Club meeting tomorrow Friday, during lunch in Room C-217. Come join us as we continue the Pokémon battle tournament, as well as celebrate Pokémon’s 21st anniversary. All are welcome. See you all there, trainers!
- Attention Interact members. There is an Interact meeting today at lunch in room C-217. See you all there.
- Congratulations to Nick Nishikawa for earning a place in the Northern California “Masters” Wrestling Tournament at Stockton Arena tomorrow. Great Job Nick…Way to represent Cougar Nation!
- Hey Cougars. Our spring blood drive is happening on February 28th! Sign ups will start Friday the 17th on the stage at lunch! All consent forms are due on Friday the 24th! Sign up and save some lives!
- Rally auditions will be TODAY in Casey’s corner at lunch for national anthem, MCs, and any performances. Come try out!
- Join Project Move to learn how to dance! Learn hiphop, jazz, and contemporary! You do not need experience in joining, just come have fun with Project Move everyday after school except Wednesdays in D-1.
- Jfk drama club meets Tuesday after school and Thursdays at lunch in v3 . Come and share your talent and opinions with us! Any questions message the jfk drama department on Facebook. Hope to See you soon!
- Want to try and win a free trip to Washington, D.C.? Want to learn about the Stock Market? Want to spend $100,000.00 on stock? Mr. Pauly, room C-317, is looking for 30 students to participate in the Capitol Hill Challenge. Contest runs from February 6th to May 12th.
- The 2017 Track and Field Season Is Here! We practice every day that school is in session rain or shine! Meet in the Stadium at 3:45. In case of heavy rain we will meet in front of the cafeteria. All students are welcome to come out and to help us make 2017 another Great Season! Winter sport athletes are welcome to come out after their season ends.