February 16, 2017
- Have you been waiting for Poly Club and Bloom Leadership to return to Kennedy? Well, they are here! Meet in C307 tomorrow (Friday) after school to join! See Ms. Cooper in B8 for more information.
- Hello all Pokémon fans, there is a Pokémon Club meeting tomorrow Friday, during lunch in Room C-217. Come join us as we begin the first round of the Battle Tournament. All are welcome. See you all there, trainers!
- If you were in my shoes, what would you share? Club H.E.R.O. is promoting the “If You Were in My Shoes” Campaign, which is a love and kindness campaign to bring awareness to the struggles that students go through. Every student has a story, so let’s listen with open hearts and open minds. Because we’re all in this together. Look for our flyers around school and the big poster in the quad and read them! Those are real students behind the words! Let’s spread some positivity!
- Hey Cougars! Need some community service hours? The JFK Speech and Debate team is hosting a two-day tournament on February 24th and 25th, and needs your help to run the snack bar! Interested? Please come to an informational meeting today (Thursday, February 16th) at lunch in Ms. Sommer’s room, T-12! Hope to see you there!
- Attention Interact members. There is an Interact meeting today at lunch in room C- 217. See you all there!
- Attention all CSF members! Math Lab is a new way to earn points for the this semester.If you are interested in helping other students improved their math skills. The first MATH LAB will be held in Mr. Lam’s room, T5, after school on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 for 1 hour.
- Attention all CSF members, the Spring 2017 Applications are out! Applications are now open to Freshmans as well. Pick one up at Mr. Lam’s room (T5), your teacher’s room, the front office, or the counseling office.
- Do you want to take AP Physics next year? If you want to learn more about our AP Physics program, come to our Q&A session this Friday or next Friday in room B-24.
- Jfk drama club meets Tuesday after school and Thursdays at lunch in v3 . Come and share your talent and opinions with us! Any questions message the jfk drama department on Facebook. Hope to See you soon!
- Want to try and win a free trip to Washington, D.C.? Want to learn about the Stock Market? Want to spend $100,000.00 on stock? Mr. Pauly, room C-317, is looking for 30 students to participate in the Capitol Hill Challenge. Contest runs from February 6th to May 12th.
- Classes of 2018 and 2019, are you interested in learning more information about Advanced Placement Biology? If so, please come to the information sessions in Mrs. Fugina’s classroom in B-28 on February 9 and 16 during lunch to hear about the class. Students who are currently enrolled will be presenting to tell you more about what it is like to be an AP Biology student! Hope to see you there!
- The 2017 Track and Field Season Is Here! First Practice Monday February 6th, 3:45 PM in the Stadium. We will practice every day that school is in session rain or shine! In case of heavy rain we will meet in front of the cafeteria. All students are welcome to come out and to help us make 2017 another Great Season! Winter sport athletes are welcome to come out after their season ends.