February 14, 2017
- Today the first John F. Kennedy Chess Tournament officially begins! Everyone who sign up for the tournament please report to the library today lunch. Remember great prizes will be rewarded to the 6 champions. Let the Game of Chess begin!
- Hello all Pokémon fans, there is a Pokémon Club meeting THIS Friday, during lunch in Room C-217. Come join us as we begin the first round of the Battle Tournament. All are welcome. See you all there, trainers!
- If you were in my shoes, you would know why I take advantage of freedom whenever given the opportunity,” wrote an anonymous JFK student. If you were in my shoes, what would you share? This week, Club H.E.R.O. is launching the “If You Were in My Shoes” Campaign! With over 2200 students at Kennedy, it can be difficult to make yourself heard. Look around the school for flyers, and read the thoughts of students on the poster in the quad! And as always, be kind to one another!
- Hey Cougars! Need some community service hours? The JFK Speech and Debate team is hosting a two-day tournament on February 24th and 25th, and needs your help to run the snack bar! Interested? Please come to an informational meeting this Thursday, February 16th, at lunch in Ms. Sommer’s room, T-12! Hope to see you there!”
- Attention all CSF members! Math Lab is a new way to earn points for the this semester.If you are interested in helping other students improved their math skills. The first MATH LAB will be held in Mr. Lam’s room, T5, after school on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 for 1 hour.
- Attention all CSF members, the Spring 2017 Applications are out! Applications are now open to Freshmans as well. Pick one up at Mr. Lam’s room (T5), your teacher’s room, the front office, or the counseling office.
- Do you want to take AP Physics next year? If you want to learn more about our AP Physics program, come to our Q&A session this Friday or next Friday in room B-24.
- Jfk drama club meets Tuesday after school and Thursdays at lunch in v3 . Come and share your talent and opinions with us! Any questions message the jfk drama department on Facebook. Hope to See you soon!
- Want to try and win a free trip to Washington, D.C.? Want to learn about the Stock Market? Want to spend $100,000.00 on stock? Mr. Pauly, room C-317, is looking for 30 students to participate in the Capitol Hill Challenge. Contest runs from February 6th to May 12th.
- Come to the school Garden after school on Wednesday! Spring is coming up and we gotta get ready. Tear up that nasty, nutrient-less dirt and replace it with our new delicious dirt. Come to the garden in E-6 after school on Wednesday. E-6, after school, Wednesday.
- Classes of 2018 and 2019, are you interested in learning more information about Advanced Placement Biology? If so, please come to the information sessions in Mrs. Fugina’s classroom in B-28 on February 9 and 16 during lunch to hear about the class. Students who are currently enrolled will be presenting to tell you more about what it is like to be an AP Biology student! Hope to see you there!
- ATTN SENIORS. Grad Night tickets will be sold after school in the front office on Wednesday Feb. 15. This is the last day to purchase tickets at the Early Bird price of $35. If you cannot make the Feb. 15 date, you can order and pay for your ticket with the Front Office Student Assistant during lunch from Today through Wednesday and still get the Early Bird Price.
- Congratulations to Wrestlers Nick Nishikawa and Gabe Lopez who are Metro League Wrestling Champions. Both Nick and Gabe move on to the Section Divisionals Tournament next Friday and Saturday. Also moving on to Divisionals are: Sebastian Amador (2nd Place), Genero Barretto (3rd Place) and Chris Carter (4th place).
- The 2017 Track and Field Season Is Here! We will practice every day that school is in session rain or shine! In case of heavy rain we will meet in front of the cafeteria.All students are welcome to come out and to help us make 2017 another Great Season! Winter sport athletes are welcome to come out after their season ends.
- Last Friday, your boys and girls Varsity Basketball team defeated Florin High School. Your JV boys Basketball also came out with a win against Florin.
- Tomorrow, we will face off against Luther Burbank High School. Boys are home and girls are away. JV starts at 5:30 and Varsity at 7.
- Your Girls Soccer will play at Burbank while the Boys Soccer play at home. JV starts at 4:30 and Varsity at 6.
- Last but not least there will be Mens Volleyball tryouts tomorrow in the small gym starting at 6 to 7:30. Make sure to attend if interested. Questions please contact Coach Jakira @ 415-215-9378