April 27, 2017
- Hey Class of 2017, want to give a speech at graduation? Prepare with a 5-minute speech and you could be on stage. Auditions will be held May 3-5 at lunch. Visit or email Mr. Fry this week for more information
- Any current freshman interested in applying for the PACE Program for next year can pick up an application in room C301. Application deadline is May 5th.
- Current sophomores and juniors interested in taking classes at Sacramento City College this summer should see their counselors this month to learn more and find out how to register.
- Attention seniors-the Sac City College transfer presentation has been rescheduled for TODAY during lunch in the Little Theater. Come learn more about the transfer process!
- If you love photography, design, and writing, the yearbook class is for you! Join us during lunch on Tuesday, May 2 in Room F2 to learn more about being on the staff. Our 2017 editors will be there to share their yearbook experiences with you and to answer questions.
- Grab your parents and head to the college fair at Sac State on Sunday, April 30th from 11am-1pm. There will be over 100 public and private universities there!! Admission is free.
- ATTENTION SENIORS. Your LAST day to purchase GradNite tickets is Friday, May 5 at lunch. GradNite representatives will be in the front office at lunch on Friday May 5. This is the last scheduled ticket sale of the year. So come get your GradNite ticket!
- Attention Seniors that signed up for senior trip! There will be a mandatory meeting this FRIDAY at lunch in room V1! Be sure to show up and pick your roommates and get other information
- Senior Ball is right around the corner! Come to the stage at lunch this week to nominate for royalty!
- Hello Kennedy Cougars!!! On Thursday May 4th, The baseball program will be hosting its 1st annual Hit-a-thon on Varsity field after school. Meal tickets will be sold for $5 at lunch in front of the cafeteria. All students and staff can also take some swings on field and enter contests such as farthest hit ball contest, and can you hit it father than coach contest. All are welcome to participate in the event. Thank you for supporting JFK Baseball as we make our playoff push.
- The JFK Cougar Boy’s Varsity Track and Field Team beat a strong field of 19 teams to win the Bella Vista Track and Field Invitational on Sat April 22nd at Bella Vista High School. Qualified members of the track and field team will compete in the Sacramento Meet of Champions against some of the best athletes in California this Saturday at American River College.
- Your JV men’s volleyball team will have their next match away at Jesuit on May 1. On Tuesday, your men’s varsity volleyball team defeated Laguna Creek, and today they have their final home match and Senior Night against Hiram Johnson starting at 5. Be sure to come out and support!
- Next Monday, the men’s golf team will be competing in the Metro League Tournament at Spanos Park.
- Tomorrow the swim team will be competing in the MCAL Trials, and on Saturday there will be the MCAL Finals. Wish them luck!
- On Tuesday, your Varsity softball team defeated Florin 19-0, and today both the JV and Varsity teams have away games against Laguna Creek at 4.
- Yesterday your Varsity baseball team defeated Sac High 16-2, and tomorrow both of your baseball teams will be playing away against Sac High starting at 4.
- Today your men’s tennis team will be competing in the Metro League Doubles Tournament, taking place at the Laguna Creek Racquet Club.